No insurance company wants you to get a lawyer if you are involved in an accident. Legal advice can prove invaluable as you navigate the time after an automobile accident or injury. Join us as we count down the top 5 reasons why you absolutely should call us at The Báez Law Firm (and why insurance companies won’t want you to).
5) The rate of success for the injured victim is much higher if they hire a lawyer. Because lawyers are trained in the art of negotiation, contrary to a layperson, the odds are in the lawyers favor to get better results.
4) The insurance company has to deal in good faith with the injured victim, albeit through their attorney. This does not always happen when a lay person handles their own case.
3) More resources are available for the injured victim when they hire a lawyer. Knowledge is power. Because the injured victim has obtained legal representation, the best interests of the client, not the insurance company are the most important aspects of the case.
2) More room for negotiation is available to benefit the injured victim when they hire a lawyer. Insurance companies do not negotiate with laypeople in the same way that they do when a lawyer is involved.
1) It costs them more money. Insurance companies are in the business of making money. When an injured person hires an attorney to handle their personal injury case, the attorney will ask for more money and will, by default, get more money on any particular case.
There is a maxim of the law that says “Only a fool has him/herself as a client. Insurance companies know this. As such, they do not want you to hire a lawyer. One of the most important reasons why you should hire a lawyer in your personal injury case is that your rights will be protected!
If you or someone you love has been injured as a result of an auto accident, medical malpractice, car wreck, trucking accident, 18-wheeler accident or any other form of injury, you can contact our law firm at 1-800-700-LAWFIRM. You can also visit our websites: The Báez Law Firm, P.C. or San Antonio Injury Lawyers.