Civil litigation encompasses all non-criminal legal actions. In some cases, such as personal injury claims, you may be able to hire a lawyer on a contingent fee basis. This means that there is no lawyer fee unless the case is won, and any lawyer’s fees are a percentage of the amount awarded. The law firm advances the litigation funding, which includes all costs of the litigation until the outcome of the case. Some clients are not able to find a lawyer who is willing to do this. Our affordable litigation lawyers and attorneys can help!
The process of civil litigation can be a long and costly process. Civil litigation can involve a dizzying number of issues and topics. At The Baez Law Firm, we believe in challenging these high costs by finding other methods of resolving the issues involved.
Civil litigation can be broken down into stages, and these are:
- Pre-suit : which involves pre-suit investigation, including an attempt to settle the matter without litigation. Settlements can be attempted through a pre-suit mediation or negotiations between attorneys.
- Filing Suit: a lawsuit is prepared and filed.
- Discovery: this is the stage where the costs for a lawsuit can sky rocket. This stage involves depositions, interrogatories, request for production and other discovery procedures.
- Trial: this is the actual stage when you have the opportunity to present your case to a judge or jury and receive a verdict.
- Appeals: this stage is used if you decide to appeal the outcome of the trial to a higher court.
At The Báez Law Firm, P.C., we handle everything from the most basic to the most complex litigation cases. If you have been sued, you put your trust in our team of experienced and affordable attorneys.